Monday, March 27, 2006

Stupid Lecturer...

Liews... Today, the lecturer really made the whole lecture group (comprising of Year 2 and Year 3 Sociology students) super duper uber (sounds nice eh?) irritated.

She's this Associate Professor that really has no brains... It's a wonder how she can become such a successful academic in school (or at least she makes it sound as though she is one).

This was what happened in the lecture today.

Associate Professor (AP): I made a huge blunder. And I've allocated more time for all of us to sort it out. I'm terribly sorry about it and I honestly thought that I had your verbal consent I could post the list up with your emails. But I was told that I needed a written consent. All these things about the policies [Excuse me! You claim that you've been teaching for ages, yet you are UNAWARE of how the privacy policies in school work out? WTF!]... I'm so sorry I took such a long time because the admin staff was away on her leave/break. [So you only can DEPEND on the admin huh? I think anyone in any other department could have told you the same thing in a shorter span of time! Who ask you to take your own bloody sweet time?]
Girl 1 (G1) raises her hand.
G1: Would it possible if you use overheads so that we can see the names of the people in our groups?
AP: What a clever idea! You're so clever! [More like you're the pea brained idiot and the whole lecture group is freaking pissed off already] What a good suggestion!
The lecture group groans inwardly. PZ and I almost die of exasperation.
AP: But I don't have any thing to put on the OHP so that I can project it up. And there is another problem, which is all your email addresses are on the list...
Girl 2 (G2): You can use the white projecter. [it's the kind that you can use paper and the projecter can still read it and project it up. I'm not sure what's the name of it.] It will allow you to put the paper directly on it and still able to read it. And you can still cover the email addresses.
AP: Wow, that's a very intelligent suggestion. [By now, PZ and I already want to strangle her.] You're very smart. See, you can always learn from your students. You never stop learning. That's a splendid suggestion. But I'm not too sure how to operate it though I'm sure I can call for assistance. And I believe that you're all very smart and someone from the lecture group would even know how to work it. [Araghz! Fuck it lah! Just call for IT assistance you moron! But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... She doesn't do that!] But anyway, I'll just read out the names slowly. And I want you all to raise your hands straight eyes and look for your group members. Also, I'll be passing around these 3 papers, 2 of which says that you agree to allow me to put up your email addresses and 1 says that you disagree. Now, print your name legibily so that I can read it otherwise you won't be allocated a group.

So she starts reading the names... pausing to see if people are aware of who their group members are but not exactly pausing in between groups! Talk about being so smart eh. She promptly missed out the names of a lot of people, PZ and I included. Damn! And we had to fill in another list for her to group us. And PZ's already gotten her group. But I haven't. Looks like I really got to get to school to check. And the next time that I go to Caulfield is Thursday! *Urghz* That stupid woman! Some kind of associate professor. Pui!

Oh well, that's about it man. School was really irky. Well, at least I didn't have psych lab today. Haha. So Shi Kai came over. And he got to play with Louis who was really excited to see Shi Kai.

Oh yes, Louis is sleeping in my room tonight. Just testing to see how it goes. LoL~ I hope it goes well. And he also pulled his pillow into my room already! Hahahahaha~ Oh! By the way, did I mention that on Friday night, we gave Louis some VB to drink? I think I did... LoLz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home